Paris is more gray & cold than ever at the moment.
Rain is pouring since last week & this weather only calls for spending time under the duvet binge-watching your favorite series & for makings soups.
Ok, if I have to be completely honest, it also calls for hot chocolate with marshmallows & mulled wine…
But let’s stay on the healthy side & talk soups, shall we?
After all, it’s almost mid-March & spring – together with bikini weather – could well show up one day 😉
I’m a bit obsessed with pumpkin soups at the moment. I like the sweet taste & the warm color. It really feels like the perfect comfy & wintery food.
Whenever I make a soup, I like it to be healthy & I try to avoid adding cream, cheese or similar.
Nevertheless, I have my little secrets to have a creamy, tasty soup & I’m gonna share them with you.
What you’ll need to make the perfect, creamy pumpkin soup :
- a quarter to half (depending on the size) pumpkin
- 2 onions
- olive oil
Yup that’s all! 🙂
This will make a good portion of soup, serving up to 8 persons. But you can also make it & keep it in the fridge for about 1 week or even freeze it.
- Chop the onions & put them in the pot with olive oil ;
- Let the onion cook gently until they become slightly brown ;
- In the meantime cut the pumpkins in small cubes ;
- Once, the onions have gotten darker, add around 1/3 of the pumpkin, mix & let cook 3 to 4 minutes. That will give your soup a yummy taste with no need to add other ingredients ;
- Add the remaining pumpkin cubes & enough water to cover all ;
- Put a cover on the pot & relax! The soup should cook for about 1 hour, so you can enjoy some time for yourself. Why not making a nice cup of tea & curl up on the couch reading or blogging?
- The last 15 minutes let the soup cook without the cover to let some water to evaporate ;
- Once the pumpkin is tender you can turn off the stove & mix the soup.
- My secret for a rich, creamy soup is mixing a lot. I really mean a lot. Like hubby sometimes look at me like if I were nuts ’cause I keep on mixing & mixing my soups ahah! But don’t worry about others, just keep going 😉 Once the pumpkin has become a cream, keep on mixing for about another 2 minutes. You’ll see the difference! 🙂
- I told you it was a very easy recipe. Nothing else to do, other than enjoying your meal!
Bon appetit! 🙂